The president shall:
- preside over all (executive and general) meetings of the Chapter.
- specifically oversee the PR/Events and Professional Development Committees.
- serve on the Council of Business Presidents.
- promote the growth of Rutgers PBL.
- represent the organization to the University as a whole and act as the primary contact.
- be a nonvoting member of Executive Board, unless there is a need to break or force a tie.
- prepare agendas for Executive Board meetings.
Internal Vice President:
The internal vice president shall:
- preside in the absence of the President.
- assist the President and Board members.
- act as a liaison for events hosted between Rutgers PBL and other high schools.
- spearhead the yearly election process for the organization.
- collaborate with fellow campus organizations.
- aid the Community Service and Fundraising Committees in completing their assigned tasks.
External Vice President:
The external vice president shall:
- oversee the PR/Events Committee with the Events Coordinator.
- aggressively recruit members and create recruitment programs.
- attend all involvement fairs and similar events, or send a suitable, informed proxy.
- maintain the membership list, track membership points, and design the Membership Program and point system.
- facilitate the Membership Program, which shall be designed to recognize and award outstanding members.
- act as a liaison between the general members and the Executive Board.
- take attendance at general meetings.
- advertise through social media and send emails with the help of the committee.
- keep track of all PBL promotional items held by Rutgers PBL and manage the purchasing and selling of shirts.
- create and maintain marketing materials such as trifolds and brochures.
The treasurer shall:
- act as a custodian for all of the funds for the organization, including but not limited to collecting dues, giving financial reports, reserving hotel rooms for conferences and being the conference coordinator.
- send the membership list with dues to the state and national offices.
- prepare and submit a budget to the University and handle the budget appeals process if necessary.
- attend the Treasurers’ Workshop provided by the University.
The secretary shall:
- provide minutes for Executive Board meetings in a timely manner.
- act as a liaison between Rutgers PBL and the NJ PBL State Office.
- lead projects on the state and national level such as the “Outstanding Chapter” project and “Membership Madness” project.
- maintain a list of upcoming events and a to-do list for officers.
- send emails to the general body at the direction of the Executive Board.
Professional Development Director:
The professional development director shall:
- oversee the Professional Development Committee.
- research presentation content of general meetings and plan interactive activities.
- ensure that members are learning useful skills for their future careers.
- actively seek professionals, professors, alumni, and other speakers to attend general meetings.
The events coordinator shall:
- oversee the PR/Events Committee with the External Vice President.
- plan chapters events, including but not limited to semester events, executive board activities, meetings, etc.
- organize logistics for semester events, executive board activities, and meetings.
- work with the Treasurer in maintaining the budget for events.
The historian shall:
- oversee the Historian-Webmaster Committee with the Webmaster.
- be responsible for photographs to be taken at every PBL event.
- post all suitable, professional pictures in a place where members can access them.
- create a newsletter to be sent out to members or a scrapbook to be submitted for the State Leadership Conference.
- assist other Executive Board members with their responsibilities.
Community Service Chair:
The community service chair shall:
- oversee the Community Service Committee.
- oversee all community service activities for Rutgers PBL.
- promote activities to contribute to the “service” aspect of the PBL goals and suggest new service event for the year.
- assist FBLA-PBL’s national service partner, March of Dimes, through tabling and events.
- report to the Internal Vice President.
The fundraising chair shall:
- oversee the Fundraising Committee.
- oversee all fundraising activities for Rutgers PBL.
- develop strong partnerships with local business owners to support fundraising ventures.
- develop new fundraising ideas.
- report to the Internal Vice President.
The webmaster shall:
- oversee the Historian-Webmaster Committee with the Historian.
- update the Rutgers PBL website to include information as directed by the Executive Board.
- maintain and improve the Rutgers PBL website at the direction of the Executive Board.
- be a non-voting member of the Executive Board.